On Tuesday, October 27th 2020, His Excellency Paul KAGAME, the President of the Republic of Rwanda chaired a Cabinet meeting at Urugwiro Village.
1. The Cabinet approved resolutions of the previous meeting held on October 12th 2020.
2. The Cabinet reviewed measures to contain the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. All existing measures shall remain in force (including the prohibition of movement from 10 PM - 4 AM), with the exception the following changes that will take effect immediately.
• Offices of public and private institutions will operate at 50% capacity. Other employees will continue working from home on a rotational basis.
Services at places of worship will increase to 50% of venue capacity.
▪ Funeral gatherings should not exceed 75 persons.
• Church wedding ceremonies should not exceed 75 persons. • COVID - 19 tests will not be required for weddings receptions with fewer than 75 guests.
• Gaming operators may resume activities gradually, upon fulfilling COVID-19 preventive measures. The Ministry of Trade and Industry will provide detailed guidelines.
These measures will be reviewed after 15 days upon a health assessment.
Citizens are reminded of the critical importance of complying with health measures including physical distancing, wearing face masks and hand hygiene. Penalties will be applied for non-compliance.
3. The Cabinet approved the following draft laws: • Draft law relating to data protection and privacy • Draft law governing mutual legal assistance in criminal matters.
4. The Cabinet approved the Digital literacy training for the workforce.
5. The Cabinet approved the following orders:
• Presidential order establishing the Rwanda Atomic Energy Board.
• Prime Minister's order determining responsibilities of the national civil aviation security committee, its members and functioning.
• Prime Minister's order determining responsibilities of the airport security committee, its members and functioning.
• Ministerial order relating to the appeal committee in Civil Aviation.
• Ministerial order on court fees in civil, commercial, labour, administrative and criminal matters.
6. The Cabinet was briefed on Government of Rwanda joining the action coalition on technology and innovation for gender equality.
7. The Cabinet approved the agreement for the appointment of Ms Sasirit Tangulrat as Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Kingdom of Thailand to the Republic of Rwanda with residence in Nairobi, Kenya.
8. The Cabinet made the following appointments:
1. Ms. UWONKUNDA Claudette, Advisor to the Speaker.
2. Ms. BIDERI NTAGOZERA Rina, Advisor to the Minister of Trade and Industry.
3. Ms. WANYANA Denise, Advisor to the Minister of State in Charge of Primary Health Care in the Ministry of Health.
• The Minister of Agriculture and Animal Resources informed Cabinet of the World Food Day celebration scheduled on October 29th 2020.
• The Minister of Gender and Family Promotion informed Cabinet of World Children's Day celebration and the 14th National Children Summit scheduled on November 20th 2020.
• The Minister of Finance and Economic Planning informed Cabinet of Taxpayers Appreciation Day scheduled on November 20th 2020.
Kigali, October 27th 2020.
Dr. Edouard Ngirente Prime Minister
Bamwe mu rubyiruko baragira inama bagenzi babo kudashishikarira kwirukira mu Burayi na Amerika
Jul 01, 2022 Soma inkuru